Sunday, October 24, 2010
Fall is in the Air
Fall was definitely in the air this past week in Provo. In fact, it still is in the air. As I write this post, the smell of baking, seasoned pumpkin seeds awaken the ever so small, but numerous chemoreceptors in my nose. The time doesn't seem to be going by fast enough. I would like to eat them now. These seeds came as a result of carving pumpkins. On Friday, I had the great pleasure of carving pumpkins with some friends. We each had our own pumpkin and carved our own designs into the front face of our respective pumpkins. I happened to carve a happy face which ended up looking like an overly happy clown's face. There were other faces, graveyards, and haunted houses carved as well. As I looked into the bowl of pumpkin pulp and seeds, I decided I wanted to keep the seeds to bake. So, I dug my hands deep down into the orange mush to rescue every single seed. The process was long and messy, but well worth it. Well, I guess that remains to be seen. We will see how they actually taste once they're done baking. The next night, I was able to go to two different halloween parties/dances. I, along with some of my friends, dressed up as gangsters. We sported the flat-brimmed caps, gang bandannas, XXL jerseys, baggy pants, and fresh kicks. We danced as gangster-like as possible doing dances like the jerk, the reject, the dougie, and the spongebob. It was a fun night. There is also a story about a drunk girl that happened to show up at the more sketchy party. That story is for another time, however. Obviously, we didn't stay long at the sketchy party. Well, we'll see how long the fall lasts. The colorful leaves have been beautiful, but I have a feeling that snow will shortly arrive to the city of Provo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment