Sunday, November 7, 2010
Convincing Win
Well, I can't believe that a week has gone by since Halloween. Time is really flying by fast. This week was definitely a good one. I was quite pleased with how well I did on a couple of Physiology quizzes that I had this week. I owned the heart. Something else which made the week quite dandy is that BYU football came away with a convincing win yesterday in Lavell Edwards Stadium. We clobbered the Rebels of the University of Nevada Las Vegas 55 to 7. I was hoping for a shutout, but they scored on their last drive in the fourth quarter. This is probably because we were playing out second and third string defenders. Jake Heaps played well and was the MVP of the game. We were finally able to get a passing game going. Heaps was finally able to complete some longer passes. He threw a great pass to Cody Hoffman for about a 50 yard touchdown pass. Josh Quezada also played well as he rushed for 3 TDs. They were his first three rushing touchdowns of the season. He had a touchdown reception in their first game against Washington. I thought our defense played exceptionally well. Before UNLV's last drive, the defense had held them to less than 100 yards on offense. Hopefully we can continue playing like this. If we do, we might just find ourselves bowl eligible. Also, if we continue to get better, we might have a pretty good shot at beating the U of U up in Salt Lake. After all, it was finally proved that they are extremely overrated after being embarrassed on their home field by TCU yesterday. TCU annihilated the Utes 47 to 7. I guess their easiest schedule in college football won't pay off after all. Let's go Cougs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment