Sunday, September 26, 2010

Busy-as-a-Bee Week

I hope I used the hyphen correctly in my title.  As I recall, one of the rules of using the hyphen is when there is a compound adjective; however, I am still not sure if that is right.  The semicolon used in the previous sentence is placed correctly.  I am pretty sure about that.  Anyway, I will get on with my post for the week.  Because of the grammar test coming up, we have focused some of our attention on reviewing grammatical principles.  So, lately, I have been noticing and watching for grammar errors in my speech as well as in my writing.  The week was a pretty busy one.  Multiple days of my week were days when I was on campus from early in the morning until late at night.  Luckily, on two of these days, there was free pizza on campus for dinner.  I definitely took advantage of these pleasant surprises.  The semester has continued to pick up more and more speed as quizzes and midterms approach.  I have my first midterm tomorrow for my Physiology class.  I am a little nervous for it because there is a lot of material to know.  Dr. Rhees, my professor, does a great job explaining the material in class.  But, hopefully he doesn't make the test super hard.  I also have a Physics test coming up pretty soon which will be a beast.  Can an exam be described as being a beast?  I think it can.  Yesterday wasn't a very good day because of the defeat of my beloved BYU football team.  Nevada beat them 27-13 in a frustrating day.  I questioned a lot of the play-calling, but never once booed my team as other fans did.  I hate most BYU fans.  Half the fans were gone before the game even ended.  I shouldn't call them fans.  Well, that's all for this week.  I am hoping for a quick turnaround for our Cougars.  We'll see what happens up in Logan on Friday...      

No comments:

Post a Comment