Sunday, September 19, 2010
Plastered in Paint (literally)
It was another great week in beautiful Provo. The weather is still very pleasant even though the temperature has decreased slightly. Fall is in the air, but the sun still shines and the sky remains blue. Happiness will spread as the leaves on the trees start to turn yellow, orange, and red. Maybe I should write a poem for one of these posts. Anyway, the highlights of this week include: school, lots of football, and a fierce paint war. The school part was just normal classes and homework. The "lots of football" part is both watching and playing football. I was invited to join an intramural flag football team this week and immediately accepted. Roberto was the only one I knew on the team. We had a game on Wednesday night and, honestly, our team isn't very good. We lost 30-9. And, not to brag or anything, but, I had all of our team's 9 points. The other team was going for 3 extra points after a touchdown and I intercepted a pass and ran it all the way back. So, our team got the 3 points instead. The quarterback was going to run the ball, so I came off the man I was guarding to "tackle" the QB. As I did this, the QB tried to float a pass over me to the guy I was guarding. Of course, I didn't allow this to happen. I jumped and caught the ball high above my head for the interception and, like a deer, outran the hungry, pursuing opposition. Later in the game, I told our QB to hit me on a deep route because I was being guarded by a slow-as-molasses human. We connected on a 60 yard TD strike. Even though we lost, it was still fun. I actually ended up switching teams and played another game on Saturday morning. We tied that game 12-12. To end on a sad note, BYU lost to the Seminoles of Florida State 34-10. Hopefully the Cougars can turn it around and get a win against next week's visiting Nevada Wolfpack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment