Sunday, September 12, 2010
Bittersweet Symphony
In honor of a great band known as the Verve, I title this post after one of their most famous songs. The reason in doing so is because this week was one of many sweet as well as a few bitter moments. The sweetest part of the week came on Monday which happened to be Labor Day. Because of the holiday, I didn't have school, so I chose to spend Sunday night at my parent's house. It was fun to be with them as well as a couple of my siblings. On the holiday, we decided to get out and do something fun. So, we invited my two cousins from Florida and all went up to Park City for the day. Upon arrival, we immediately got in the line for the famous Alpine Slide which is basically a giant slide coming down the mountain that you ride down on a little cart. It was fairly busy because of the holiday, but the time went by quick because of the pleasant company. We rode the very enjoyable lift to the top and strategically picked opponents for a race on the way down. I ended up racing my younger brother, and, of course, I beat him by a good 5 seconds. When my cousin finally made it down, he was a little dirty, and both he and his clothes were a little cut up. We came to find out that he had fallen off the slide and completed a few rolls while doing so. Miraculously, he was able to compose himself, fetch his almost lost phone, get back on the track, and speed down the slide to still beat his sister in their race. The Alpine Slide was a sweet Monday moment. We had a great lunch afterward as well as a quick treat at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory which really was sweet. The bitter part of the week came on Saturday which was yesterday. I had to witness my beloved BYU football team lose to the Air Force Academy. Well, that will do it for this week's blogging. Until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment